Independent Contractor and
Work For Hire Agreement
Our documents are attorney-drafted for compliance with employment and tax laws.
Free updates and information
Our independent contractor agreement was
drafted by a licensed attorney
and reviewed by a CPA for IRS compliance and is updated regularly.
Have questions? Call us at 1-800-524-7116 between 9:00 am and 7:00pm
CST (Monday through Friday). We provide immediate access to all forms.
If you live in California, Click Here
There is no substitute for an attorney-drafted agreement when your company is working with independent contractors.
An independent contractor agreement (sometimes called a work for hire agreement) is used when you want to hire a company or individual from outside your own company to perform work or services for you.
Providers who are frequently hired as independent contractors include:
- Marketing firms
- Real estate agents
- Financial planners and CPAs
- Health care professionals
- And many others
Using independent contractors can be of great benefit to your
company and can save money. However, they must be classified correctly.
The IRS has specific guidelines on how to classify independent contractors. If your company does not classify them properly, you could suffer significant tax penalties. A wrong classification may cause additional problems for your company pension plans and employee benefits.
Without a professional independent contractor agreement and work-for-hire agreement, you may open your company up to IRS and state tax liabilities that you had not planned on.
Furthermore, you want to make sure you are protecting all copyrights, patents, trade secrets, and other intellectual property arising from the work performed under the agreement.
Our attorney-drafted independent contractor agreement covers:
- Duties of the independent contractor
- Details compensation and payment
- Includes a provision not to disclose information about your business
- Clarifies that the contractor will be responsible for their own taxes
- Confirms that the contractor possesses the skill to complete the work properly
- Makes clear that contractor will be responsible for their own expenses
- Includes a provision regarding nonsolicitation of client's customers
- Assigns products or inventions created by contractor
- Sets forth a deadline for the contractor to complete the work
- Includes a confidentiality provision
- Sets forth the contractor's warranties
- Information and instructions from our attorney
Employment and tax laws are always changing; do not rely on an
outdated independent contractor agreement. We have one of the finest
in the country with excellent information and instructions from our attorney.
You can buy the independent contractor agreement for immediate download.
Before you do, you may want to consider our complete business protection document package.
Click Here for details.
We provide fast and easy checkout, with documents available for immediate download after ordering. Technical support is available 7 days a week.
- Independent Contractor Agreement
Click Here to Order and Download
Any Windows or Macintosh computer that can read Word documents.